Ships Within 1-2 Days
Combine navigation with a big "floating" display
The Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR navigation receiver brings Garmin's superb reputation for helpful navigation to a magnificent 10.1" touchscreen display. While the display is big, Kenwood housed its "guts" within the size of a double-DIN (4" tall) chassis and included many adjustment options, which means it'll fit in many vehicles. You can easily see all the info from the latest smartphone interfaces such as Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay®, and Android Auto®. You can also customize the display to show what you use the most, such as the weather, tone controls, a compass, camera displays, and of course, a clock. It even has a multi-function volume knob for quick adjustments. Kenwood also backs up this Excelon receiver with a 2-year warranty.
Garmin guidance with 3 years of updates
The DNR1007XR boasts Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns, lane assistance, and realistic views of complicated intersections. 3D terrain views give you the lay of the land for even more assurance. You also get three years of free map updates from Garmin, so you're sure to stay current as roads and destinations change down the line — these updates are only available via the Garmin Express app suite for PCs. This Kenwood's widgets work with the Garmin navigation system too, so you can still see your music, weather, and caller info while getting directions.
Set the display your way
This receiver's big screen shows off crisp, detailed video for both digital video media and from up to four cameras you can connect — you can also adjust its layout so it looks (and works) the way you like. Movable widgets let you bring the important stuff to the forefront, such as music sources, navigation, and weather. You can even tweak your music quickly within a tone control widget. Kenwood's free Portal app lets you transfer photos from your smartphone for slide shows and personal backgrounds for your in-dash media hub.
Handy mounting features
This receiver's chassis fits in most double-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be a major issue for most vehicles. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can adjust its vertical mounting height, as well as choose from two depth positions, to free up other vehicle controls and vents in your ride. Once the screen is fixed into the chassis, you can also manually tilt the display forward and back to compensate for angled dashes and glare.
Getting your phone involved
Using this Kenwood's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.) In addition, the DNR1007XR offers wireless or wired screen mirroring for select Android phones, which lets you select apps directly from the Kenwood touchscreen.
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
All kinds of media for your drive
The DNR1007XR will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive, including WAV, FLAC, and DSD files. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more internet-based music, talk radio, and podcast apps for you, as well. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away or use cell data, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. You can stay in tune locally as well and enjoy crystal-clear audio from participating stations with this Kenwood's built-in HD Radio® tuner. If you're into simply streaming music from your phone, this receiver also includes LDAC, which means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth with select Android phones.
Built for sound quality and system expansion
For those who like total control over their sound, the big display and widgets help there, too. Kenwood included a 13-band parametric equalizer, digital time alignment, and bass/subwoofer controls that can be part of your home screen for quick adjustments on the fly. If you're planning on adding multiple amplifiers to the system, the DNR1007XR also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal, as well as a 3-way crossover network you can run directly from the massive touchscreen display. And because this receiver is part of Kenwood's Excelon line, it's also constructed with tuned audiophile-grade components to get the best sound possible from your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DNR1007XR offers compatibility in a growing number of newer vehicles, thanks to iDatalink's Maestro modules (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, the Maestro ADS-MRR module let you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. iDatalink also now offers the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module, which adds features like programmable outputs for add-on accessory items, such as lighting and winch accessories, as well as built-in Bluetooth for future wireless software updates for the module. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the compatible iDatalink ADS-MRR modules offered on the way to the Shopping Cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles — it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital multimedia receiver with navigation
- 10.1" HD capacitive touchscreen display
- AAS display technology for wider viewing angle
- bonded optical display for less glare
- before final installation, depth and height of the display can be adjusted to provide dash vent and control access
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and widget controls
- ambient lighting and multi-function volume knob controls
- plays high-res FLAC, WAV, and DSD files on USB drives
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- Bluetooth built-in for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
- 3 years of free map updates
- 3D terrain view and Photo-Real junction view
- compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- wireless (Miracast) and wired (HDMI) mirroring for Android
- plays USB memory devices
- 13-band parametric equalizer with digital time alignment
- Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- subwoofer level, phase, and 3-way crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- direct connection and control with Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam
- inputs: rear USB input, HDMI input, rear A/V input (composite RCA video and 3.5mm audio), SD card input (for Garmin software), four camera inputs (including 2 high-def inputs and DRV-N520 input)
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- Important note — Monitor dimensions are 10.313" x 7.125". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash.
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDataLink Maestro modules
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- K40/Escort radar detector-ready
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # DNR1007XR
What's in the box:
Kenwood Excelon Reference DNR1007XR owner's manual
- 10.1" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit (15A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- 39" USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Large plastic bracket
- 2 Small plastic brackets
- 2 Metal brackets
- 2 Machine screws
- 6 Hex-head screws
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "CAUTION" note
- Warrant Card
We have the lowest price guarantee !! Before you buy, if you see a lower price from any authorized Canadian dealer for any model, either online, in-store, or in print, we will beat that price by 20% of the difference. Just call or text us @ (855)954-2777 or email us [email protected].
Retail Store Purchase:
If you are making a purchase at our retail stores, please show us a copy of the competitors advertisement with the lower price. Your sales person will verify that the product is in-stock and available for sale from the competitor, and meets the conditions as described below, and then will beat the price by 20% of the difference.
If you are making your purchase on-line, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the details of the competitors offer (a screenshot of the product page, or hyperlink). We will verify that the product is in-stock and available for sale from the competitor, and meets the conditions as described below, and get back to you shortly with a coupon code which will allow you to complete your transaction on-line at the lower price.
Please note: While most requests can be approved very quickly, on occasion it can take up to two business days to verify that the request complies with the conditions below.
In order to qualify for Bass Electronics's 20% of the difference price beat, the advertised item must be the same brand name and model number as our model, and be in same condition being offered by an authorized Canadian dealer with full Canadian manufacturer’s warranty. Any shipping charges applicable for delivery to your home will be factored into the price comparison calculation. Please note, our Lowest Prices Guaranteed offer does not apply to Discontinued, Demo, Final Clearance, One-Of-A-Kind, Limited Quantity and Special Order Products. Price Beats are limited to personal purchases only, we reserve the right to limit quantity. Price beats are limited to one item per customer. Limited Time Specials including Boxing Day and Black Friday are also excluded. Of course any advertising errors or misprints also do not apply.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.