A visual stunner
As I dove into the information on their DDX9707S DVD receiver, I could tell Kenwood spent a lot of time thinking about the visual features in addition to the high standards they've set for audio. This receiver offers the ability to connect four cameras (yup, four) which can help integrate factory and aftermarket cameras. Wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ provide familiar interfaces on the large 6.95" high-definition touchscreen display, while this Kenwood's home screen is customizable for how you use it. And of course, Kenwood provides you lots of ways to tweak your music for just the right sound.
A HD display for your dash
This Kenwood's big screen plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen. This receiver includes three camera input options for backup cameras, front-dash cameras, and even side-view cameras in select vehicles. The DDX9707S also includes a direct connection for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder HD dash cam, which means you get camera control and alerts directly on the receiver's display. There are also options to "mirror" your Android™ or iPhone® display directly on the touchscreen display. Kenwood also provides an electronic angle adjustment for the display, so you can tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location — all without physically moving the display. Customize your background on this receiver's vivid HD displays.
Getting your phone involved
Using this Kenwood's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving. (Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay.) In addition, the DDX9707S offers wireless screen mirroring for select Android phones, which lets you select apps directly from the Kenwood touchscreen.
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
More wireless convenience with Bluetooth
Since yours is probably not the only phone used in your vehicle, the DDX9707S enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, Kenwood's Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. Load up the Kenwood Remote S app on your phone, and passengers can control some basic functions on this receiver wirelessly.
Lots of music options
Got a high-res music library? You'll be stoked that this receiver will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive. And if you listen Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll really dig playing music from Pandora and Spotify on this receiver. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Great options for system tweaking and expansion
For those who like to dial up their sound, Kenwood included a 13-band equalizer with a built-in digital signal processor. Time alignment is also on board, so you can adjust the timing of sound to your system's speakers to make sure you're center stage for all your music. The DDX9707S also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DDX9707S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" high-contrast resistive touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) files on USB drives
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- Kenwood Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- control the stereo using Kenwood's free Remote S app
- compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connections
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- wireless and wired mirroring for Android; wired for iPhone
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- direct connection and control with Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam
- inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (mini), four camera inputs (including DRV-N520 input)
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # DDX9707S
What's in the box:
Kenwood DDX9707S owner's manual
- DVD receiver w/ electonic 6.95" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Two 39" USB extension cables
- GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive pad
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Information note
- Correction note
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.