Provides protection from two hazards – fire and CO – in one unit.
- Combined Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and protects against both fire and carbon monoxide dangers.
- Intelligent Sensor Technology – Combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor with that of an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitiivity to differentiate between a real hazard and a false one.
- Voice Warning – Announces the hazard type detected (in English and French). Alarm announces “FIRE!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” when a CO hazard is detected. Also announces “LOW BATTERY” when it is time to replace the batteries.
- 120 V Interconnectable – Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of which can be initiating), including smoke alarms (limit of 12), CO and heat alarms.
- AA Front-Loading Battery Backup – Change batteries without the need to remove the unit from the ceiling, providing continuous protection in the case of a power outage.
- Tamper Resistant – Unit will lock to mounting bracket to deter theft or tampering.
- End of Life Notification – ) years after unit is first powered, this alarm will beep two times every 30 seconds to indicate it is time to replace the alarm.
- Alarm Memory: The green LED will flash every second during alarm. When the alarm condition goes away, the originating alarm unit will flash the green LED every 16 seconds until the Test / Reset button is pressed, thus resetting the alarm.
- Multi-function One Button Design includes:
- Test Feature – Tests the alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes (will announce “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED,” or “HUSH MODE CANCELLED.”).
- Reset Feature – Resets the carbon monoxide alarm
- Peak Level Memory – If alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset, the voice alarm will announce “CAUTION, CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED”
The Kidde KN-COSM-IBACA uses breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm’s overall performance in all fires, and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
We have the lowest price guarantee !! Before you buy, if you see a lower price from any authorized Canadian dealer for any model, either online, in-store, or in print, we will beat that price by 20% of the difference. Just call or text us @ (855)954-2777 or email us [email protected].
Retail Store Purchase:
If you are making a purchase at our retail stores, please show us a copy of the competitors advertisement with the lower price. Your sales person will verify that the product is in-stock and available for sale from the competitor, and meets the conditions as described below, and then will beat the price by 20% of the difference.
If you are making your purchase on-line, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the details of the competitors offer (a screenshot of the product page, or hyperlink). We will verify that the product is in-stock and available for sale from the competitor, and meets the conditions as described below, and get back to you shortly with a coupon code which will allow you to complete your transaction on-line at the lower price.
Please note: While most requests can be approved very quickly, on occasion it can take up to two business days to verify that the request complies with the conditions below.
In order to qualify for Bass Electronics's 20% of the difference price beat, the advertised item must be the same brand name and model number as our model, and be in same condition being offered by an authorized Canadian dealer with full Canadian manufacturer’s warranty. Any shipping charges applicable for delivery to your home will be factored into the price comparison calculation. Please note, our Lowest Prices Guaranteed offer does not apply to Discontinued, Demo, Final Clearance, One-Of-A-Kind, Limited Quantity and Special Order Products. Price Beats are limited to personal purchases only, we reserve the right to limit quantity. Price beats are limited to one item per customer. Limited Time Specials including Boxing Day and Black Friday are also excluded. Of course any advertising errors or misprints also do not apply.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.